Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Jac Who?

This would be the first flowering tree you'll notice if you come to Australia in late Spring and early summer which is from October to December. At this time the street vegetation would definitely be either green or purple coloured. But it's a lovely sight to behold I promise you. You will be asking what is the name of this tree and hope to remember so there's just something to tell to others who don't know about it :)
Jacaranda


Jacaranda

So here it is, the name is Jacaranda. Some people thought this tree to be native to Australia but its origin is Brazil and other parts of tropical and sub-tropical South America.  It thrives in tropical and warm temperate climates, but they can be grown in cooler areas that get light frosts though they don’t flower as much in cooler zones. Jacaranda puts on a breathtaking floral display with its vivid lilac-blue clusters of trumpet shaped blossoms.


Jacaranda


I had fun doing the photo op under this big blue-purple tree as the flowers kept dropping in my head. But every now and then I had to check if it's really a flower that touched my head or something else and I was glad no bird was on sight :) It is said that if you are walking underneath the Jacaranda tree and one of the trumpet blossoms falls on your head you will be favoured by fortune. So I guess a good fortune awaits for me hehe.


I decided to wear this maxi with tiny pleats in violet colour that was ever present in my closet. I thought it will be fun to disappear in the purple street and just get mistaken as a walking jacaranda hehe. Honestly, the dress was comfy and glided nicely when I was crossing the street. The rose gold belt and bag I guess complemented the frock giving a slight and subtle contrast.
Jacaranda

Jacaranda



My OOTD:

Maxi dress from Valleygirl
Clic clac bracelet from Hermes

Gold watch from Citizen



The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. - Psalm 23:1-3


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

11 comments:

  1. omg!! beautiful photos, so lovely! <3

    xx,
    Jewel
    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great in this color babe.
    And perfect place to take a shoot

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tree! Perfect for your pictures with the purple dress.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfit!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked so beautiful with this amazing dress
    http://arganoilhome.com/wholesale/

    ReplyDelete