Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Cargo Vest

One of the top colours that should be in your wardrobe that will work for every occasion is Olive Green. The utilitarian trend seems to be invading the fashion world for quite a few years now.
Green Cargo vest


Although runways showcase this look more for Fall/Winter season, it can be worn when there's a bit of a chill in the air. It is more functional and a good warmer especially when it comes out in a form of a military cargo vest.
Chanel flats
 

I wore this vest while shopping in DFO and I admit I got good stares from women. It's either because I had my cute baby with me or they liked my outfit, I'd like to think it's both :). I actually had a hard time thinking what to wear with it, with a dress or pants. I came up with my leather pants and tank top to give me a longer silhoutte and not bulky.

Olive green complements most skin complexions, just like any wardrobe basic.
Balenciaga bag

I chose to wear flats because of the nature of the activity we were doing. Shopping with a baby on a stroller is not easy and I don't know how long would it last. Well, Chanel flats were my bestfriend that day, made me enjoy shopping with no sore feet.
 
Military vest

Of course, Sydney also gets cloudy skies not all the time clear blue cumulus clouds :) But I still tried putting on sunnies to show how it would look with the vest. So there, my pic collage had to show I didn't need sunglasses but a smile nonetheless :).


 
Outfit Details:

 



Cargo vest similar
Leather pants similar
Black and white sunnies similar
Balenciaga purse here 
Chanel flats here 

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

44 comments:

  1. Perfect casual look. I love especially the olive green vest!
    xx
    http://www.mybubblyzone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great vest and yes olive clothes are always a good investment. Have a lovely day! xxx

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning post! The photos are amazing.

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing in this outfit. Love your style so much
    XO
    http://nuclearglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's really nice of you, thank you.

      Delete
  5. Love how you paired the vest with the leather pants. It's the perfect shopping outfit!
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited about the trend toward minimalism and you're right. Olive green was all over the runways during fashion week. I read on BOF that it was because of a move toward a militant style which is a sign of the times. Thanks for sharing this outfit.

    Have a great day
    KaSonndra
    http://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good information KaSondra, thank you.

      Delete
  7. Those sunglasses are incredible, check us out. Thanks for sharing and check out our latest feature.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://blog.eyeseeeuphoria.com/2016/03/09/sickyeyewearspringsummer2016/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a lovely blog with so beautiful photos and this post has to be my favorite!

    Can’t wait to see the new one!

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so sweet of you, thank you Diana!

      Delete
  9. I'm right there with you and love a bit of olive green! Looking lovely! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like that vest is perfect anytime of the year! You definitely got stares for both your baby and the awesomeness of your outfit. :)

    Erica
    http://pumpsandpushups.com/healthylifestylegoals/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your combination of the olive vest with the leather pants! Such a stylish look!

    XO
    StyleByPear

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely vest!

    Happy Friday babe! Kisses,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I really want a similar jacket! It looks so good on you :) Love your outfit, have a great day!

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamara, saw your beautiful blog too.

      Delete
  14. love that jacket! great shots!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple yet so chic look
    Lovin that cargo vest dear.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice vest sweetie!
    kisses from dubai ❤️
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mahryska for stopping over.

      Delete
  17. Love this army vest! You look super cool!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every girl needs a little olive in her life :) love the vest!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your vest! You look stunning!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're quite right, vests are absolute must-haves, particularly those with military accents. I do quite like that tribal motif on the pockets, so unexpected :)

    And speaking of unexpected, I'd really love for you to come and join my link-up, Mercy, it'd be awesome to have you xoxo

    http://sheelagoh.com/2016/03/18/perfectly-flawed-a-link-up/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great look. Love the olive green combination with the leather pants. Oh my gosh I love those flats, so cute. I just bought a similar pair of two toned Tory Burch flats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brian for dropping by a nice comment. Hope you'll come back and read more :-)

      Delete