Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Monday 21 March 2016

How to carry a Chanel Bag

This is one of my lunchtime quickie snaps around the city and it happened I was carrying my seasonal Chanel bag. Most seasonal releases I find are conceptually out-of-this-world but nevertheless beautiful, blame it to the eccentric boss Karl Lagerfeld. But this beauty that I was holding is more similar to the classic bag only this is lighter, single flap and has a shorter chain. The hardware is matte gold and the quilting is not as puffy. It is very lightweight albeit it has nautical charms attached.
  Chanel bag with nautical charms


Apparently, this is my first Chanel, back at that time when I purchased this I badly wanted a classic but it was just too much so this was a perfect alternative. Somehow, I can appreciate the value of this bag now because being a seasonal this is one of a kind. I normally use my classic bag during parties and one time I had to evade sitting next to the lady just because we had the same bag :)


Museum of Sydney

I actually didn’t know how to title this post but when I was looking at the pics I noticed I held the bag in 2 different ways, I know I should have held it too like a clutch bag. But this was not scripted back then at least not even in my mind.



As for my outfit, this is what I look like typically at work. Trying to project corporate I have to wear a tailored suit or dress without being monotone and boring. All I need to add is a lined jacket which I left hanging on my chair.




Chanel bag with nautical charms
Here I was standing in the public display of art outside the Museum of Sydney. This sculpture is called ‘Edge of the Trees’ and was installed in 1995. Several poles were made from wood, stone and steel which symbolise the first encounter of Aboriginal people with the white invaders.
Museum of Sydney
 
 
I walked past here oftentimes when I get my lunch but didn’t know what these poles are. But I have to educate myself now that I have to blog about it. I guess that’s the advantage of blogging :) 
 



Outfit Details: 
 
Dress similar here, here and here

Pumps from Wittner
Bag from Chanel
Bracelet from Pandora

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

39 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Really, that's nice to know. Thank you for stopping over.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bag, of course! And I do hope to stop by Sydney some time!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you can stop over Sydney one day. Seen your blog and it's nice to read your posts even those ones you were still living in Cebu :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm looking forward for your next post.

      Delete
  4. Chanel bags are always stunning. I need one!
    xx

    http://www.mybeautrip.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow - I don't think I would need a lesson in how to carry this bag, because I don't think I would ever put it down! LOL

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bag is such a staple item, it goes with everything.

    http://bailylamb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, thanks a lot for dropping by. I've seen your pretty post too.

      Delete
  7. Such a timeless and elegant handbag. It is super versatile and the clean lines are so chic.
    Http://redreticule.om

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the place and the photography Mercy..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mercy that bag is gorgeous and I enjoyed reading this lively post. I am now prepared to showcase my steal of a deal bag I found a couple weeks ago. LOL

    Have a great day!
    KaSonndra
    http://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KaSonndra, thanks a lot! I can't wait to read about that :)

      Delete
  10. Love it!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh very cute coordinate
    Great style
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable post again ! :)
    Kisses,
    Tijana

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit! You look great!

    HTTP://WWW.QUEENHORSFALL.COM/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful, must-have bag! You look gorgeous :)
    Stella
    www.stellaasteria.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such an amazing bag. Love your outfit too :)

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking great! love the bag!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful bag! Don't you just hate it when you're wearing the same thing as someone else? But I think it's different with handbags. You've got a soul sister there :)

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. great investment Mercy. I wish I could have a chanel bag like that..great post as well..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete