Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Sunday 10 April 2016

Black Silhouette

Unlike typical dinner dates with solitude and pure enjoyment with each other's company this one we had was chaperoned by our toddler. Due to lack of babysitter we're left of no choice but to tag him along. In fairness he made us last from entree to dessert although we had to shorten each course and just barely made it. I had to dress up for the night in black as opposed to our anniversary lunch (previous post) where I wore the whitest of white.
Black mesh dress

Black net dress

black blue shoes
Got this netted dress online, like it because of the see-through contrast in the arm and thigh areas. I know I have to be careful when walking for it not to ride up too much and reveal more skin in the wrong areas :)
 
Guess what's back after 20 years of silence. Yes, it's the choker and it's back with a vengeance. After being so popular in the 90s, now it's trending not only in gold, velvet or leather but in all different colours, fabrics and styles you can imagine. I personally like the black, the thinner the better. It adds a little bit of an edgy vibe to the simplest of looks. I got a pair from Forever 21 both with silver dangling. What I was wearing here was the velvet with a cross.

I tried to keep it in black hue with little pop of colours from my shoes and jewellery. The silver in my purse retained the minimalist look being my blings were on the silver side.
 black choker
Pandora bracelet
 
Now back to how the dinner went, thank God for gadgets and that's what made him survive through his ordeal of not getting out of the high chair.
 You can see how coordinated our drinks were though the white drink in the middle was an odd one out :)
But yea, so glad we reached 'til the end. That was the sweetest chocolate lava cake I've ever had as I almost didn't see and taste it :)
chocolate lava cake


Outfit Details:

Netted dress similar affordable here
Shoes similar here and here
Clutch similar
Choker from Forever 21
Bracelet from Pandora and Tosca


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

55 comments:

  1. Wow! I like that dress and you look so sassy. :D
    Very fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a huge fan of choker but it does look great with your dress!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Prudence for your honest opinion :)

      Delete
  3. Those shoes are SO fun! I love the color pop of the heel!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. the color blocking on these heels are fabulous.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress! :) You look gorgeous! :) x
    Helena
    http://ilenczfalva.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/helena_de_ilenczfalva/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is super flattering on you!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you look so great Mercy..so sexy indeed...love your baby so cute..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really interesting outfit, I love the shoes :)

    If you want follow me on my blog, and I will follow you back
    recenzije11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment, yes I will follow your blog.

      Delete
  10. You look stunning dear
    One hot momma over there.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look stunning and your chaperone is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful dress...I loved the blue heels of your sandals...

    http://www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That netted dress is beautiful & you look gorgeous in this outfit.

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow so damn hot, great heels
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, beautiful shoes!! ☺
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous girl. Love your dress doll. Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Wednesday!
    much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow you look amazing

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carinissimaaaaa!!
    Chiara
    Www.chiaraangiolino.it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those photos are so cool, and the dress is amazing for a chic soirée :) Bonjour from FRANCE, Sand.
    .
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your blog, its really dope.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.

    We can follow each other on Instagram @andjela.dujovic, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.

    www.bekleveer.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andjela! I followed you in G+. I will find you in Instagram too.

      Delete
  21. What a gorgeous dress & those shoes!! LOVE them! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice to know you like them. Thanks you heaps for the compliments!

      Delete
  22. Hi again! I still can't get over this dress!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so nice of you, thank you Tina!

      Delete
  23. It's always nice to have one black dress in your closet. Those are cool shoes. And what a sweet picture of your little one.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete