Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Tuesday 3 May 2016

High Tea for Mother's Day

Sometimes we just need to let go from our inhibitions and harsh confinement of ourselves. I can be talking about strict diet, extreme routines and rigorous exercise for which in this case I surely mean about eating regime. I think high tea is one of those really not needed kind of meals but is just so nice to indulge every now and then. And that’s what I exactly did one Saturday afternoon where I dragged my mum and my niece to a sugar and cream loaded food treat, layer upon and layer of it.
Topshop skirt
 


 No, I didn’t feel guilty at all eating those cream filled scones, ribbon sandwiches and overly sweet pastries. I like the thought of a girly get-away where I can frock up without a care in this world just to have a glass of champagne at one time and a cup of tea the next. Maybe because as a blogger it’s another blog post to publish but honestly, it’s also a chance of dressing up in pretty preppy dress and adorning in pearl accessories.

High Tea

Mother's Day
I chose to wear a fun floral top, floaty skirt, nude heels and carried my beige Chanel medallion tote. I know I looked like going to a wedding or Christening but high tea is the next alibi to dress like one, just because.


It’s actually my early Mother’s Day treat to my mum, my niece and to myself as well. On the way to the restaurant, I missed a turn and parked in the other side of the mall. And I’m glad I did because we found this vintage shop that was a perfect backdrop for my outfit. Isn’t it a pretty little corner shop?

Miss Selfridge top

Miss Shop sandals
It was such a fun afternoon though I only had a sip of my champagne since I was the one driving. Only one thing I missed doing though and that was flicking my pinky up in the air while sipping my cup of tea. Oh well, next time :)

Chanel Medallion Tote

pearl accessories


 So for this coming Mother's Day, why not treat your mum or yourself (if you're a mum) to a high tea. Or a facial or actually anything that makes her feel pampered and special. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers across the globe.



Thank you for reading, you can connect me in Instagram busyandfab to see my fab finds and other outfits.


Outfit Details: 

Metallic floral crop top from Miss Selfridge similar
Metallic midi skirt from Topshop similar 
Nude heels from Miss Shop 
Bag from Chanel 


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

57 comments:

  1. That skirt is fabulous, you look beautiful! Seems like you had a wonderful time!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are very very well dressed, bravo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is so cute! Funny enough, this is what I do with my mom every Mother's Day LOL.

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's good on you and your mom too :)

      Delete
  4. You look absolutely gorgeous! Loving that color.

    XO, Jessi
    http://www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great place and I love the colors in your look! And I agree, sometimes it's ok to just eat whatever you want :) Hope you have a wonderful day!

    xo, Esther

    http://bubblesther.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is gorgeous! I love all the colours you combined in this look

    www.wunderbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant feminine look :)

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely match of the bag and the shoes, gorgeous! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very classy outfit! I would love to indulge high tea I am such a fan of tea! It is just too relaxing.

    Aly In Wanderland | ^_^ | alyinwanderland.com xx Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is relaxing and fun. Thank you for stopping over.

      Delete
  10. Oooh I do love high tea, it's the best treat! You look gorgeous and LOVE the handbag! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, love your comment.

      Delete
  11. Thank you. Yes, i followed you now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun! you look fantastic

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. advance happy mother's day Mercy..i love your outfit especially the bag and the skirt.keep posting..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you always, I did have a great weekend.

      Delete
  15. Aw so cute, your outfit is so gorgeous! Your blog is lovely too by the way, let me know if you would like to follow each other. x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adele, I've followed you now in Instagram.

      Delete
  16. Lovely outfit! perfect on you!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely way to celebrate! You look absolutely stunning in this outfit as well. Love the colors!

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love high tea! probably one of my favourite meals! You look fab, adore that bag xx
    http://sweatshirtsanddresses.com/ritz-carlton-abu-dhabi/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg, look at all these yummies and you looking fabulous. Love it!! :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is lovely
    New post
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing outfit! Love the colors ☺ this place looks lovely as well
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice outfit :) I like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely Stunning!! Everything there looks so delicious!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks so yummy!! x

    www.bibigoeschic.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your dress!
    kisses from dubai ❤️
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many Yummy goodies. How nice that you spent time with your mom and niece for tea and dessert. Everything looks so good, and your dress is pretty. Have a wonderful weekend, Mercy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was yummy. Thank you so much Sheri!. Btw, I now have a Google Friend Connect gadget :)

      Delete
  27. Fantastic photos, and you are so beautiful

    www.dreamydressshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty outfit and the high tea looks amazing!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Totally amazing,chic! Great pictures!!! Have a nice day! Kisses!!!
    Visit my blog: www.newoutfitfashionblog.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  30. stunning look!
    http://www.topwedding.com/mother-of-the-bride-dresses

    ReplyDelete