Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Green Trench at Sydney Sea Life Aquarium

Darling HarbourWhen's the last time you went to an aquarium? My last visit was more than 10 years ago. I guess adults don't have an inclination to see the marine life in big tanks unless they are exploring a new city. To be honest, I only got to go to Sydney Sea Life Aquarium because I accompanied my mum and my niece who were visiting Australia. My previous visit was for the same reason and that was with my friend from America. Oh well, thank God for visiting family and friends, if not for them I wouldn't have found Nemo and Dory :)
Portmans Trench coat

Sea Life Aquarium is located in the northern part of Darling Harbour right next to the Madame Tussauds museum. Days before we went, there was a great storm sweeping Sydney and made all bodies of water muddy and murky as seen in these photos. Normally, Darling Harbour being deep and clean has blue water, see my older post here.

Sea Life Aquairium

Charles and Keith bag
I always thought visiting aquariums is only good for school children but hey it's always a calming experience when I see one. Probably, because I never grab the opportunity to dive beneath the waves and see these life forms so viewing them in the aquarium is the closest I can get. And my toddler who is not even a pre-schooler yet had fun and appreciated what's going on too.

Finding Dory
Dory behind us.
Believe me or not but I didn't really plan my outfit to match it with the green accents of the sea life. It was a spot on decision that morning like any other girl problem everyday. I wouldn't have noticed it 'til my niece commented the resemblance of my dress print when we were walking under the tubes. Me and my blogger intuition I guess :)

Finding Nemo
Nemo spotted
 
 I wore a green trench coat with black stripes outer lining that I got from Portmans. I know I had to wear a fitted dress with print to break the solid colour of the trench, that's why I picked up this dress. It was chilly that day so I wore tights and to walk comfortably in the aquarium a sneakers were a must.

White Ankle Boots
 Indikah Dress


Obviously, there was a change of footwear for me. To create that smashing OOTD photos slay them with the boots. And these white boots were just a perfect choice for that pristine look in spite of the muddy water :)


Thank you for reading, 'til next post. You can connect me in Instagram busyandfab to see my fab finds, other outfits and events in between posts.

Outfit Details:

Trench coat from Portmans
Dress from Indikah
White leather ankle boots from Urban Soul 
Bag from Charles and Keith 
Blue sneakers from Sportsgirl 

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

88 comments:

  1. Aw, looks like such a cute day! Loving that statement jacket. You look fabulous!

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your toddler is so handsome Mercy. Not much of a big aquarium fan here but children really do enjoy going to one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This green trench is so fun!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, ate Mercy! <3

    I've always loved your outerwear! Your green trench coat looks really lively and cute! How I wish I could wear one here in Manila. Lol, but nah. I wouldn't survive the heat! Anyway, I bet you really had fun with your little handsome boy! Hope to hear from you soon :)

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance | New style post!
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the love Airish, you're awesome as always. I see you soon in your blog.

      Delete
  5. Love everything about this post! So cute!
    Love, Hadasah Love
    www.styletolove.com | Instagram @hadasahlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, so sweet of you. Thanks for the love Hadasah!

      Delete
  6. cute photos! which reminds me I need to check out our local ripleys!
    Thenewgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should :) Thanks much Darlene for dropping by.

      Delete
  7. Awesome white boots & lovely trench. Hope you had a wonderful time there :)

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photos, u are looking so beautiful, dear!
    http://www.angelemall.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!! I can't remember seeing one :( I love your outfit, great photos. You look oh so chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your reading post, and you are kind woman

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post hun...xo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post! Maybe we could follow each other on GFC and instagram @djonovic_milica? If yes, follow me and I follow back as soon as I see it.
    Let me know with a comment on my Blog

    http://intonezzee.blogspot.com/
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm following you, hope you too.

      Delete
  13. You look absolutely gorgeous! I've heard good things about Sydney... I wish I can go there too soon. :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can come soon :) Thank you for leaving a nice comment.

      Delete
  14. Looks like such a great day out, I always find aquariums so calm and hadn't been to one in ages until my recent trip to Toronto. Love your aquatic inspired outfit, the colour of that coat is amazing!

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look beautiful! I love the trench
    www.alessandrastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love an aquarium! you should come to dubai if you haven't been to check a couple out here! loving the trench, great colour on you xx
    http://sweatshirtsanddresses.com/summer-with-gucci/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I should go to Dubai one day :)

      Delete
  17. That color is fabulous! So chic.

    XO, Jessi
    http://www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo, what a beautiful aquarium. I love looking at fish and all the wonderful creatures from the sea. And your aqua trench coat is perfect for the occasion. Cute picture of you and your son, Mercy. Now, I want to go to the Aquarium too!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did I miss this comment of yours, thanks so much Sheri. Your comment always makes me smile :)

      Delete
  19. YOu look so gorgeous!! In love with that trench! :)

    Have a lovely friday xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great coincidence to wear green for a great day! I love the trench coat, it's just so cool! <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. Thanks for the nice comment Bash!

      Delete
  21. Such a great look on you dear... looks like a very nice time spent...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    ig @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely trench coat and dress! Pretty!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful dress and sweet pictures, I love the aquarium too! x

    Love,
    Whit

    http://www.whitneyswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This outfit is gorgeous and you look wonderful!)

    http://marylyl.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I adore your the pop of stripe on your trench. Vibrantly colorful outfit. Love.

    My Small World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you for the nice comment, that's sweet.

      Delete
  26. Very nice <3

    Federica Di Nardo
    http://federicadinardo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, Beautiful shots! And you look gorgeous in that green trench coat!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com
    www.instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing Aquarius photos your trench coat is very good
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  29. Girl! I love your shoes!

    XX Amanda

    ASparklingStickyStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. That green coat is lovely - what a nice colour for a trench! :) Glad you had a fun time at the aquarium :)


    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love everything about this post! Looks like you had such fun and I love the green trench!
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love that trench, such a perfect statement! How much fun does the aquarium look?! What a lovely day out xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your boots are amazing, lovely pictures! Love, A

    www.angiespana.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, such beautiful pics. I love your trench coat. You look absolutely stunning in this outfits.

    Roxcii Boutique
    Formal Dresses Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love these photos, and you have a wonderful time at sea life aquarium


    http://www.missygowns.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. That trench color looks great on you sweetie!
    xx, Alba

    http://albariquelme.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow such a beautiful look! You look stunning hun!

    Check out my latest post here:
    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love aquariums! This one looks AMAZING!!!

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. The colours look beautiful on you, and perfect for your outing. As much as I would love to see the sea life in the ocean for people like me who can't dive aquarium is the only option. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's the safest too. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  40. Such a great place and I'm in love with Sydney ^^ Thank you for sharing this place :)
    Would you like to support each other by follow on GFC & G+?
    Please Let me know if you follow me and I’ll follow back asap!

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, I'm following you now. Hope you can follow back thru GFC.

      Delete