Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

Wednesday 11 January 2017

Things to do in sunny Gold Coast

Things to do in Gold CoastIf there's one word I can describe the Gold Coast it is sunny. Whenever I come here even if it's not summer I can always wear playsuits and thongs. Queenland's Gold Coast has a sub-tropical climate with around 300 days of sunshine per year. Though I've never been in winter time yet it's still generally sunny and dry. Since I mostly come during the kids school summer holidays our bags only contained light clothing, swimmers and thongs except for me which I brought 4 pairs of shoes for photoshoot purposes :)  So when we are staying on the Gold Coast here are the things we normally do on repeat.


Surfers Paradise aerial view

1. See the city in Skypoint observation deck.

Situated in the top floor of the Q1 which is the highest building in Australia (see below pic), the observation deck offers spectacular 360 degree views of the surf to the hinterland and beyond. Best to do on the first day when visiting the city and can be done once in your lifetime :) Been to the Gold Coast many times before but it's the first time to climb up here and I tell you the views are magnificent. Though the hotel we first stayed was already high enough, the view from Q1 is overwhelming. Also, Q1 was adjacent to our hotel so we didn't lose much time.



Q1 Gold Coast

 Mink Pink playsuit
Skypoint observation deck
Q1 building


2. Visit Cavill Avenue Mall and head to the beach.


Cavill Ave Mall is the epicentre of Surfers Paradise where you can do almost anything from eating, shopping or just watching the cool vibe of the city. Best of all, it leads directly to the beach. We frequented there for lunch in MacDonalds no less, I guess its food is implanted in my kids' DNA as they always look for it whenever we visit a new place. Tip: Grab an ice cream from Ben and Jerry's and walk to the beach. For more views of the beach, see my previous post here.

Cavill Avenue mall
Ben & Jerry's
Surfers Paradise mall

Surfers Paradise beach

3. Eat lunch or dinner at Pancakes in Paradise.


I plug it in like this is a must thing to do :) It's just that our family is a sucker for pancakes, we can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner... kidding! Honestly, we make pancakes at home at least once a week. So we were so glad when we saw this place near the hotel on our first night. We were not disappointed with the food but we just can't finished it as it comes in huge servings. On the second night, we had dinner in Alfresco Italian Restaurant which the kids had spotted first. I told you, they're high maintenance but in fairness the food was exceptional.
Pancakes in Paradise


4. See the Theme Parks.


That's the whole idea why you go to the Gold Coast. On our second day, we're supposed to go to Movieworld but it was scorchingly hot so we opted to go to the mall and eat gelato. On the third day we went to Wet and Wild as it was a bit rainy a perfect day to have a water fun.


Wet n Wild
Been here once although I had more fun before since hubby came too, therefore, I was able to enjoy any ride but this time I was stuck with my toddler while waiting for my older kids to come back after each adventure they had. We camped out in the Wet n Wild Junior area so it's convenient for our not so easy situation :)



H&M crochet dress


 Wet n Wild picnic area
 Wet n Wild Junior

The boys had a good time which was more important I guess. I went to see the rides that they went which were shown in the photos below.

What to wear to Wet n Wild blog


What to wear to Wet n Wild Gold Coast
 
 Wet n Wild extreme rides

Sea World

On the 4th day after checking in Palazzo Versace hotel, we walked to Sea World which was approximately 10 minutes. Been here before as well but it was a completely different experience with a toddler all by myself this time. Apart from riding the merry-go-round which I was supposed not to ride on the pony with him (oops!) I mainly ate and ate for the entire day.

What to wear to SeaWorld Gold Coast

 What to wear in Sea World
Ice cream photo

Honestly, after the popcorn and rainbow slushie I had a double scoops of ice cream which at least I had an epic photo while waiting for the big boys to return. Then for lunch, we had this ultimate fish and chips at the Dockside Tavern. There was a bigger and cheaper place to eat (seen below) but the boys had keen eyes for anywhere overpriced :)

Where to eat in Sea World

Sea World Storm Coaster
They had great time judging from their dazed faces above after taking on the Storm Coaster. As for the baby, maybe he won't remember it but he was so happy to see his favourite tv characters in huge size bigger than him especially Dora. Though he won't touch them he still wanted to go near as long as I was in the middle. Oh well, such is the life with children.

I hope you had fun reading although it was not so enjoyable for me in the theme parks (:-P) but I honestly enjoy looking at these photos now.
Sea World Gold Coast

Thank you for reading, 'til next post. You can connect me in Instagram busyandfab to see my fab finds, other outfits and events in between posts.



Outfit Details:


Q1

Dark blue playsuit from Minkpink
Nano bag from Celine

Wet n Wild
Multicoloured crochet dress from H&M
Black tankini similar


Sea World
Playsuit from Romance
Black slides from Senso


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

108 comments:

  1. wow fantastic place and photos Dear, you look gorgeous:)
    Have a good day!
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks so amazing, lovely post ♥
    I have written a post about how to get bigger lips naturally, visit my blog if you want to read it ☺
    amna-tbhidc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks you guys had so much fun! You look fabulous!!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice place to visit! Love the skyscrapers and the beach next to each other.

    ANOUK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to observation decks is always a good idea! You get the best view of the entire place! ♥ Anyway, how can you maintain that sexy figure and a flawless skin, ate?? You're definitely a goddess! Also loving your cute playsuits and bag! Super classy and trendy. Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thank you so much Airish, your comment makes me smile ;-)

      Delete
  7. wow, great pictures!

    www.youthofthesun.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg! so sexy. keeping this in my mind when i visit there one day. :)

    xx,
    Jewel
    www.jewelclicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jewel ;-) Definitely, worth visiting!

      Delete
  9. Oh hi sexy mommy! So glad to hear that you had a great time with your family! Love the view as well! xo, Vivian

    www.viviantse.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been dying to visit Australia and your photos make me want to visit even more! I actually have family there so it is on my travel list. Hopefully in the next 5 years!

    xoxo Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, definitely worth visiting. Thank you Rina!

      Delete
  11. Love your photos and you dress in the first picture is so cute!!! Boy I miss the sunny weather and my summer dresses, I want to go to the beach and wear my summer clothes again!! Hopefully soon! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you for looking. Hope you can go to the beach soon :)

      Delete
  12. It looks super nice and would love to go there!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post, I like the views a lot!
    have a fun weekend!

    x Sandra
    www.morestylethanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great travel guide for visiting Queensland. I have never been but heard it is beautiful and a fun place to visit.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you find it helpful, thank you for reading!

      Delete
  15. Great photos!

    http://enchantedclub.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  16. Followed

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an amazing place. It's my dream to go there one day! Have a lovely weekend.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! fantastic post and a very interesting blog.
    I like how you write, very pleasant to read.
    I am Polish, and not all fully understand, but it's great :)
    I have a question for you, if you agree to follow for follow?
    I like to be in contact with super bloggers :)
    Regards!
    ayuna-chan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for looking. I'm following you now.

      Delete
  19. All these pictures are beautiful! x

    Jessica — NinetyCo 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm glad you like it. Thank you Jessica!

      Delete
  20. Cavill Avenue and Sea World are my favourite places to go on a day in the Gold Coast. So nice to see a familiar place in a blog post! Thanks for sharing, have a great day!

    xxxx from Emily // www.diamondsanddachshunds.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know you can relate with my post, nice to hear from you ;-)

      Delete
  21. I would love to go there one day! :D It looks incredible. Thanks for sharing this beautiful place and stunning photos with us Mercy!

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw my pleasure, thanks so much for reading hun!

      Delete
  22. Wot! Great Place and wonderful photos! Thanks for this trave guide!!
    Kisses
    Cinzia

    Www.callmeblondiebycinziasatta.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's nice of you, thank you for reading Cinzia!

      Delete
  23. The observation deck is awesome!!

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. Thank you Merel for stopping over.

      Delete
  24. It seems like you've had a blast...
    The food looks so delicious..
    Love your photo selection..
    xx
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi dear and thank you for your visit! I like very much this exhaustive post...so beautiful photo recap!!! Today I have started following you on Google+. Hope you follow me back. What do you think to follow us also on Bloglovin or other socials? Let me know....Have a nice day, kisses,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping over. I'm following you now in Bloglovin.

      Delete
  26. Awesome post! I've always wanted to go to the Gold Coast :)

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The gold coast is so sunny! :) We were down on the coast just yesterday for a pool party, perfect weather for it! :) We've taken the toddler to seaworld once but he was unwell and we had to go home early, hopefully we can take him again soon - it's a fun place for kids who love animals! :)

    Hope you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Mica, it's always nice to hear how you can relate with my trip in GC. Yes, my boys love Seaworld.

      Delete
  28. i always wonder Ate Mercy how you look so stunning in trips with three children on. That is an amazing job..salute to you..nice trip Ate Mercy!

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're so nice Jehan but I admit lots of hardwork haha.

      Delete
  29. very sexy indeed...parang hindi nanganak naman...ganda..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Truly missing Gold Coast.
    Was there for work last April and didn't get the chance to soak my toes into the beautiful sand.
    Have always told my family how Blue the sky was in Gold Coast :)
    My colleague told me there is a few beaches up North from GC
    which is equally (if not more) stunning that GC beach!

    Viviene Kok
    www.vivienekok.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the nice comment Viviene. Too bad you haven't had the chance to go the beach, there's also Kirra beach which I think nicer than GC but very far away from the theme parks.

      Delete
  31. Fantastic shooting!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh I would LOVE to go there, looks amazing! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh how I need a holiday in my life. These photos are lovely and making me feel some kind of way. Like I need a holiday asap. Ha!


    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it dear, you definitely deserve one or more ;-)

      Delete
  34. That's a beautiful place! And I love the pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lei, nice to hear again from you.

      Delete
  35. Wow! The view is breathtaking! Great pics!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. You look GREAT in that swimsuit!! And, that pancake place- oh my!! I want them all!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet compliment Carrie, I'm a pancake person too :)

      Delete
  37. oh wow! Now I'm craving ice cream! Have a great week!

    Xx Kier
    www.kiercouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, you rode the carousel with your little one, how fantastic! I just did that at Disneyland with the girls, so much fun. Mercy, I am lovin' that colorful dress you are wearing. It's so stylish and pretty. How grand this city is, with so many interesting things to do. I bet your son loved the theme parks. My son always loved that Sponge Bob character. You certainly had Yummy food that day, and that ice cream cone looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing your fun-filled day with us, Mercy.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri, I always love reading your beautiful comments. Love your fun descriptions of the place and the things we did ;-) Yea, the boys had the best of their time certainly.

      Delete
  39. Such gorgeous pics babe, looks like you had an amazing holiday and I love all your chic outfits :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you, thanks so much gorgeous lady.

      Delete
  40. The pictures are amazing, I love watching the city from the highest building in town!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has the magnificent view. Thank you Carina!

      Delete
  41. So beautiful pics, great post!!

    Kisses,

    http://www.theartofpaloma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm sure the kids had a great time! Gold Coast is definitely on my bucket list. ;)

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. So happy seeing you guys that you have so much fun in a beautiful place. I enjoy browsing this post, great photos as well. By the way, I love your tropical dress.

    xo, Katrina | https://katrinaisha.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is really amazing, you must have a wonderful day!
    xo
    http://www.angelemall.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  45. In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with Zaful Dress
    .I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete